The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment of volunteers, including college interns and corporate volunteers, and maintaining relationships with existing volunteers. Volunteers are integral to our organization–with their support we are able to keep our transportation costs down and distribute food to a growing partner agency base. The volunteer coordinator will also assist with all food drives. This is a part-time position reporting to the VP of Operations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify and develop resources for new volunteers while maintaining relationships with existing volunteers to support our programs.
- Coordinate with local organizations such as churches, schools, volunteer organizations, and local business to generate interest in Food Finders volunteer opportunities
- Responsible for the volunteer staffing of our various events throughout the year.
- Respond to individual and group inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities.
- Maintain our GW database of volunteers, volunteer opportunity schedules, and hours of service logs and also prepare volunteer packets.
- Provide ongoing support of all volunteers to promote a positive, meaningful experience.
- Develop volunteer social media recognition coinciding with National Volunteer Week.
- Ensure necessary documentation and reporting is completed.
- Record transfer of food to different programs.
- Assist Food 4 Kids Coordinator with the Food 4 Kids program.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2+ years of experience working with volunteers required or previous non-profit experience
- This position requires a highly organized and collaborative individual, with excellent follow-up skills.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Social Media
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, self-motivation, and has the ability to interact with a diverse group
- Commitment and passion of the organization’s mission, our values and our organizational goals
Position starts: Immediately
Part-Time 18-24 hours/week
Salary – Hourly, DOE